Ethos Discovery De Novo Study
Hemangiosarcoma (HSA) is an aggressive cancer in dogs and carries a poor prognosis. There are limited therapeutic options for the treatment of HSA, with none currently providing a significant opportunity for long-term survival. Ethos Discovery’s previous work in HSA has taught us that HSA is not a single cancer, but is rather at least four different subtypes of cancer, each characterized by a different genomic mutation. Previous studies evaluating drugs for the treatment of HSA have shown variable results and the discovery of these different subtypes could explain this phenomenon. Ethos Discovery now seeks to deliver a highly advanced clinical trial program investigating the use of novel drugs for the treatment of HSA with the goal of curing this aggressive cancer. This study will ask if drugs specifically matched to the genomic subtypes of patients with HSA will result in improved outcomes.
- Any dog that is diagnosed with a ruptured splenic tumor and is pursuing surgery for splenectomy.
- No evidence of metastasis as determined via chest x-rays, and during surgery.
- Dogs weighing more than 5kg and less than 45kg
- Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital, Woburn, MA
- Peak Veterinary Referral Center, Williston, VT
- Pet Emergency and Specialty Center of Marin, San Rafael, CA
- Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital, Portsmouth, NH
- Premier – Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Premier – Orland Park, Orland Park, IL
- VERC, Honolulu, HI
- Veterinary Specialty Hospital, Sorrento Valley, San Diego, CA
- Veterinary Specialty Hospital, North County, San Marcos, CA
- Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, Wheat Ridge, CO
- WVRC – Grafton, WI
- WVRC – Racine, WI
- WVRC – Waukesha, WI
- Bulger Veterinary Hospital, Lawrence, MA
Enroll or request more information below